Restoring to former glory

While work has been going on “behind the scenes” at the museum for a some months
now, the recent erection of scaffolding on the exterior of the great Cobar Heritage
Centre building has made it clearly obvious that the restoration work is well and truly
underway. As part of its grand make-over to bring the museum back to its former
glory (it was built in 1910 as the Great Cobar Copper Mining Company’s office),
damp proofing will be carried out, the roof is to be repaired and windows and doors
will be restored. The upgrade work is being carried out by Dubbo-based contractor,
David Payne Construction and is funded by the NSW Government in association with Cobar Shire Council